COUNTY ROAD APPROACH POLICY AND CRITERIA
Road Approach/Access Permit
Per Revised Code of Washington (RCW) 36.75.130, road approaches fall under the regulation of Franklin County. If any of the following apply to your project, then a road approach permit is required:
Construction of any dwelling or accessory dwelling;
Construction of an accessory building valued at $25,000 or more;
Construction of any commercial, industrial, or agricultural structure;
Placement or replacement of a manufactured home;
Enlarging any dwelling or accessory structure with the value of the addition being thirty-three percent (33%) or more of the current structures value;
- Enlarging any dwelling or accessory structure’s gross floor area by more than fifty percent (50%), regardless of value; OR
Ingress or egress to a County road for commercial, industrial, or agricultural purposes other than temporary approaches.
Here is how to start an application for a road approach permit:
1. Download the approach policy and permit below.
2. Follow the approach policy, complete the permit, and attach a site plan. Submit to the Public Works Department upon completion.
Submissions can be made by:
- Email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Drop off (Franklin County Public Works, 3416 Stearman Ave., Pasco, WA 99301)
If you have further questions, please contact our office at (509)-545-3514, option 1