Road Approach/Access Permit

Per Revised Code of Washington (RCW) 36.75.130, road approaches fall under the regulation of Franklin County. If any of the following apply to your project, then a road approach permit is required:

-Construction of any dwelling or accessory dwelling;

-Construction of an accessory building valued at $25,000 or more;

-Construction of any commercial, industrial, or agricultural structure;

-Placement or replacement of a manufactured home;

-Enlarging any dwelling or accessory structure with the value of the addition being thirty-three percent (33%) or more of the current structures value;

-Enlarging any dwelling or accessory structure’s gross floor area by more than fifty percent (50%), regardless of value; OR

-Ingress or egress to a County road for commercial, industrial, or agricultural purposes other than temporary approaches.


Here is how to start an application for a road approach permit:

1. Download the approach policy and permit below.

2. Follow the approach policy, complete the permit, and attach a site plan. Submit to the Public Works Department upon completion.

    Submissions can be made by:

    - Email (

    - Drop off (Franklin County Public Works, 3416 Stearman Ave., Pasco, WA 99301)


If you have further questions, please contact our office at (509)-545-3514, option 1

County Roach Approach Documents