COUNTY ROAD APPROACH POLICY AND CRITERIA
Road Approach/Access Permit
Per Revised Code of Washington (RCW) 36.75.130, road approaches fall under the regulation of Franklin County. If any of the following apply to your project, then a road approach permit is required:
-Construction of any dwelling or accessory dwelling;
-Construction of an accessory building valued at $25,000 or more;
-Construction of any commercial, industrial, or agricultural structure;
-Placement or replacement of a manufactured home;
-Enlarging any dwelling or accessory structure with the value of the addition being thirty-three percent (33%) or more of the current structures value;
-Enlarging any dwelling or accessory structure’s gross floor area by more than fifty percent (50%), regardless of value; OR
-Ingress or egress to a County road for commercial, industrial, or agricultural purposes other than temporary approaches.
Applying for a Road Approach/Addressing Permit
To start the application process follow these steps:
2. Review the Approach Permit Packet, complete the upper half of the Approach Permit, and attach a Site Plan.
3. Submit Application and site plan for review to the Public Works Department by;
- Email (email@example.com)
- Drop off (Franklin County Public Works, 3416 Stearman Ave., Pasco, WA 99301)
- Fax (509) 545-2133
4. Once the application is submitted, Public Works will begin the review process. Reviews can take up to 10 business days.
5. Once the permit is ready for signature, notification will be sent out to the applicant. Contractors are not permitted to sign an approach permit on behalf of landowners.
7. A copy of the approved permit will be provided to the applicant and forwarded to the Building Department.
8, Inspections for all installed building materials for the approach shall be called in 48 hours in advance.
9. Once applicant has met the conditions of their issued approach permit, a copy of the final approval will be submitted to the Building Department.
If you have further questions, please contact our office at (509)-545-3514, option 1