||CONFIDENTIAL ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT SPECIALIST (C.A.S.S.)
||FRANKLIN COUNTY PUBLIC WORKS
|Salary / Classification
GRADE 14, NON-EXEMPT, NON-BARGAINING, FULL-TIME, FULL BENEFITS
||FEBRUARY 12, 2018
||OPEN UNTIL FILLED, FIRST REVIEW FEBRUARY 26, 2018
Performs a variety of technical level clerical, bookkeeping and accounting tasks contributing to an efficient office operation with the Public Works department. Assignments may include tasks in any or all of the following: budget, personnel, payroll, purchasing and inventory control, departmental risk management, finance or billing services, computer support, and other department services, activities or programs. Responsibilities may include coordination of accounting areas such as cost and performance analysis for Public Works projects, developing and maintaining database systems for financial management, or preparing financial reports for complex projects.
Coordinates with other staff, develops work processes and procedures and may serve the administrative needs of several managers or supervisors. Problem solving requires research including the identification and analysis of the components of the problem situation. Exercises a high degree of independent judgment and is required to have a comprehensive knowledge of departmental functions and laws, regulations, policies and procedures required to perform work.
Confidential job duties including gathering, compiling and analyzing of various data sets for use in the formulation of labor relations policies, preparation for or conduct of collective bargaining agreements or the administration of collective bargaining agreements.
EXAMPLES OF JOB DUTIES
• Assists in the coordination, administration and support of special projects for the Public Works Director and County Engineer
• Independently prepares, maintains, and disseminates detailed records, logs, and statistics
• Performs complex Public Works accounting functions
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
• Associates Degree in a related field and one (1) year experience preparing, processing, and maintaining administrative records
• Or five (5) years of experience preparing, processing, and maintaining administrative records and government managerial accounting
• Or any combination of education and experience which would provide the applicant with the desired skill, knowledge and ability to perform the job
• Valid Washington State Driver’s License
• Eligibility for coverage under the County’s insurance carrier based on successful completion of a criminal history background check.
Please email a Franklin County Application Form to firstname.lastname@example.org or submit to:
Franklin County Human Resources
1016 N 4th Avenue
Pasco, WA 99301
Full Job Description
Franklin County Application Form
Selection based on qualifications, interview, background check and drug screening.
Equal employement opportunity / affirmative action employer